Saturday, July 23, 2011

My husband and I recently had sex 5 days after my intake of radioactive iodine.Will he be affected with the io?

Now, I'm no doctor, but I have heard the same thing, that you should stay away from people for about 2 weeks after recieving the RAI treatment. I am going to get half my thyroid removed in a month or so because it has a cancerous nodule, and everything im reading about the RAI option warns of the dangers of it. I also know of a woman at my church who received the RAI treatment, and about a week after, took her garbage out to the curb, then not long after got a call from the garbage facilities or whatever telling her that her garbage contained radioactive material...so I would think it would be best to stay away from both your husband, other people, and important items, for a little while longer. I dont mean to scare you as the RAI im sure will wear off, but I do hope this helps in some way! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment